Oversee the Service and Parts Departments through the functions of delegating authority, assuring quality and efficient service, hiring and training service and parts employees, and supervising all functions of parts sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Increase service sales by making personal calls and using various sales promotion techniques.
2. Maintain acceptable service process measures.
3. Promote the overall appearance of the service facility by maintaining a clean and orderly Service Department and assuring the professionalism of Service Department employees.
4. Plan shop workload in cooperation with other departments affected to assure prompt and workmanlike completion of service work.
5. Ensure that all shop tools and equipment are properly maintained and accounted for. Initiate needed repairs or replacement of tools. Request additional tools required to ensure quality workmanship.
6. Ensure that all new service programs (e.g., standard repair times, exchanges, etc.), are carried out by all service employees.
7. Support the Distributor Field Service Engineer function and provide first line failure analysis.
8. Approve warranty claims, Initial Installation Inspection Reports, and Credit Requests.
9. Cooperate with Sales Department in contacting potential customers, as well as current users or sellers of Cummins engines to promote business and retain customers.
10. Resolve customer disputes in connection with either factory or distributorship warranties.
11. Create and maintain training matrix for technicians.
1. Maintain parts inventory and assigned equipment of branch.
2. Insure inventory controls are in place to protect the assets.
3. Increase parts sales by developing action plan to have quality sales calls and development of marketing programs for the Amarillo market.
4. Promote new products and programs through personal contact with customers.
5. Train Parts Department employees on sales procedures, products, and general Company operations.
Service and Parts Departments:
1. Delegate authority and/or responsibility for specific duties to competent Service and Parts Department's employees and monitor results.
2. Prepare annual operating plans and implement changes to achieve branches operating cash flow targets.
3. Hire, dismiss, and review all Service and Parts Department employees.
4. Process various paper work, including maintaining complete records and files of various subjects.
5. Maintain Service and Parts Department in a way to project total quality and customer-led mind-set.
6. Responsible for facilities management such as building and ground maintenance.
7. Reinforce company policies and procedures in regards to safety and CSE.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Extensive knowledge of all Cummins engines including five years experience in diesel engine mechanic background.
3. Must have demonstrated ability to be a leader and to direct and supervise activities of others.
4. Must have a high degree of initiative.
5. Must possess superior interpersonal and customer relation skills.
6. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of computer data entry procedures and interpretation of computer generated reports utilized in service and parts departmental operations.
7. Must have good understanding and knowledge of warranty and service programs available for Cummins and allied products.
8. Willingness to travel to customers' offices and facilities.
9. Ability to drive a forklift.
10. Must possess leadership qualities and self-motivation.
11. Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
12. Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.