Job Code :
San Antonio Operations
San Antonio, San Antonio TX US 78218 6226 Pam Am Expressway N.
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Service - Engines
Job Description :
Perform repairs on basic model engines and sub-assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Handle complete repair jobs of basic model engines and sub-assemblies. Must be able to complete most normal repair operations in standard repair time allowances.
2. Complete required shop paperwork and processes including shop service orders.
3. Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times.
4. Properly use parts books, service manuals and QuickServe online.
5. Successfully complete all required courses from Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Southern Plains, LLC. Continually improve upon technical ability by home study courses, service and parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
6. Be familiar with technician's responsibility while working on a job subject to warranty.
7. Continue job progression to Utility level within 36 months.
Job Requirements :
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Must have valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
3. Possess basic knowledge of engine models. Ability to assemble and disassemble each model engine encountered at the branch. Recognize faulty running engines and make all necessary adjustments on same models.
4. Ability to identify, remove and install, repair, test and adjust all major sub-assemblies of basic engines.
5. Possess knowledge of warranty policies.
6. Process complete knowledge of all tools and equipment in shop. Be able to use and make repairs to all tools and equipment.
7. Must have hand tools to perform most basic repairs.
8. Possess complete knowledge of branch and Company operations and policies.
9. Ability to understand and practice safety policies.
10. Vocational school experience a plus.
11. Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
12. Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
# of Openings :
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)