Job Code :
San Antonio Operations
San Antonio, San Antonio TX US 78218 6226 Pam Am Expressway N.
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Service - Engine Field Service
Job Description :
Repair, replace, or rebuild Cummins engines, components, and sub-assemblies at locations outside the branch repair shop.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Familiar with location of job and how bill is to be paid.
2. Diagnose problem at job site and perform needed repairs.
3. Must be able to lay out a job plan and organize the customer's repair.
4. Determine if the customer's equipment is subject to warranty.
5. Make repairs to customer's equipment on overtime, weekends, and holidays when needed.
6. Serve as the custodian of an assigned field service truck and associated company tools and equipment.
7. Complete work orders with all information and documents necessary to complete invoices and/or warranty claims.
8. Must see that correct parts are charged to work order, unused parts are turned back in to the Parts Department, and warranty parts are tagged and placed in warranty bin.
9. Must have the ability to use V3 software.
10.Successfully complete all required training courses from Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Southern Plains, Ltd. Continually improve upon mechanical skills through home study courses, service/parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
Job Requirements :
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Knowledge of all Cummins equipment.
2. Must have valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
3. Possess knowledge of warranty and service programs with Cummins products.
4. Must be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal and customer relation skills.
5. Able to make educated decisions.
6. Able to troubleshoot and perform any repair without supervision.
7. Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
8. Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
# of Openings :
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)