Job Code :
Houston, Houston TX US 77028 7045 N. Loop 610 East
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Service - Engines
Job Description :
Perform repairs on basic model engines and sub-assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform a complete repair job within applicable standard repair time allowance.
2. Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times.
3. Troubleshoot and diagnose most common complaints. Explain engine maintenance and operation to new customers and equipment owners.
4. Successfully complete all required courses from Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Southern Plains, LLC. Continually improve upon technical ability by home study courses, service and parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
5. Identify warranty issues on base engines.
6. Complete understanding of technician's responsibility while working on a job subject to warranty.
7. Continue job progression to Journey level within 48 months.
Job Requirements :
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Must have valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
3. Must possess superior theoretical and practical knowledge for the repair of all equipment.
4. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair any complaint with minimal supervision.
5. Possess knowledge of warranty policies.
6. Process complete knowledge and be able to repair all tools and equipment in shop. Must be able to design and fabricate special tools or jigs where special tools are not available.
7. Possess complete knowledge of branch and Company operations and policies.
8. Must maintain a basic set of personal hand tools to perform any repair with exception of specialized tooling provided by branch.
9. Willingness to guide others in adherence to company safety practices.
10.Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
11.Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
# of Openings :
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)